Search Engine Submission - AddMe

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Watch fashion supermodels

new reality show The Face

   ASPIRING models and those hungry to get more of their model-themed reality television fix can look forward to a new reality show The Face, set in New York City.



Red More Google

Iconic fashion supermodels, Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova and Coco Rocha play mentors and will handpick teams of 12 model wannabes. They will then coach and pit them against models on other teams until eventually, one is chosen as The Face.
Each week, the girls face test shoot challenges, individual challenges, and team campaigns as part of the gruelling competition to be the new ambassador of a beauty brand.
 Hosted by Nigel Barker (America’s Next Top Model), the contestants include mothers, students, models and former pageant winners from the US, Canada, China and Australia.
 While plenty of tears and nail-biting catfight drama is expected, especially from Naomi Campbell (infamous for her tantrums), the contestants are also closely coached by their mentors on what it takes to be a top model — from knowing your best sides for the camera, how to strut on the runway and taking that perfect picture.
 Barker, Campbell, Kurkova, Rocha, Supermodel Coach and executive producer Eden Gaha share in a little about the show in this interview.

Naomi, what made you decide to do this particular project at this particular time?
C: I mean, I’ve been asked, like, for the last 12 years to do television. For me, what was attractive about working with Eden and just the whole thing about mentoring, and I’ve been working for 26 years, and I felt like I do have something that I can share from the business of 26 years under my belt and giving it over to young, hopeful supermodels who want to be in our business today.
G: I remember when we first met Naomi. She said “wouldn’t it have been great to have someone to teach me all the things that I had to learn on my own on the way up”, and to give that opportunity to a new generation of models was, frankly, very compelling to her as well. That was a big sale for us, and it’s very much a part of The Face.
C: Because there is no model handbook. Coming from the 1990s, we basically just had to learn as we went along, and, of course, I would ask Iman or other models who were around me to show me how to do things. But I think things have changed, and now I think a show like this is absolutely needed.
B: It’s very different from any other show that’s ever been out there in this genre. Obviously I’d been on other shows, similar genres, but the reason why I wanted to do this show was for exactly the same reasons. It’s completely new. This is the real world of modelling with three of the biggest names in the business, and you really get an inside look at exactly how they operate and why they are supermodels, and it’s a unique take that you’ve just never seen before. For me it hops back to the heart and soul of reality TV from the 1990s when it first started, and it’s just a refreshing take, authentic and believable, like you’ve never seen before.

Nigel, as you said, this is different from your previous experience on America’s Next Top Model. Can you talk about your transition from being a judge to now being a host?
B: It’s a lot of fun. I mean, hey, judging, constantly judging, is a difficult task to do. Obviously we all do it. We walk into a room, as a photographer and you’re doing a casting, and you can’t help but judge to some extent who you are going to want to book, who you’re not going to want to book, first impressions, all the rest of it. For me, the 20 years of experience I’ve had in this business, to be able to impart that as a sort of negotiator on the show, as the host, as sometimes a referee between the contestants, that was refreshing for me. It was a different take. Of course, working with these amazing women who have got this extraordinary wealth of information — to be able to sort of watch how they guide and actually be their narrator (almost for the audience as much as for the contestants, to sort of say, “This is what’s going on right now,” — might be a bit confusing because sometimes in the fashion business, for the public, it seems like they’re speaking a foreign language. It’s a bit of an exclusive club.
We’re not trying to break that down completely. Really what we’re doing is letting you in. It’s a very different concept. It’s not like, “Let’s smash that apart. This isn’t about fashion. This is about a TV show”.
This is about fashion. This is exactly what it’s about. This is about the modelling business. This is real clients with real jobs and each week, you know, you’re going to get a client that judges the girls. It’s the client that books the models and picks who wins. Not the host not the coaches, not myself. So it’s completely authentic and it’s completely believable, and the contestants have to be right for the client. And of course the model coaches have to make sure that they coach and get it right too.
C: Can I just add something to that? It’s also about the girls, the young hopeful’s journey. There are ups and downs. I mean, we are their sounding board for the time that they’re with us. They’re away from their families. We’re not only their mentors but we’re also their everything. They have any other problem, we have to deal with it. I felt extremely responsible for Team Naomi in every way, on camera and off camera, days off, days on. I would want to take them out, pamper them. I stayed in touch with them absolutely, up until yesterday. I care about how their career goes, what agents they end up with, what jobs they take on, and how they get through them.
 And I think this is what you see from the show. You see the journey. Each and every girl is an individual. And they all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, but they’re all in this together with one common goal, to be The Face and to win this contract of Ulta Beauty.